Congratulations for deciding to begin or continue your skincare journey!
Here are a few things to know BEFORE you come in to get a skincare treatment at Brooke Christina Skincare.
1. If you are using Retin A, retinol, or any chemical exfoliation cream or serum please stop using this (with your doctor/dermatologists permission) 3-5 days before getting a facial. This is to ensure that during the exfoliating treatment, your skin will not become overly irritated or reactive.
2. Don't pick! Leave the pimples to me to get out properly and hygienically. I know its difficult but picking your skin at home can leave scarring, and/or PIH or Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
3. Check your skincare routine products and think of questions you might have about what to use or not use at home. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the skin in general!
4. Know any allergies or sensitivities you might have to plants/foods so that you can inform Brooke before your service. It's also important to let your esthetician know if you are pregnant or breast feeding or have current health concerns that could contraindicate your treatments or need to adjust products during your service.
5. If you have a contagious illness please reschedule. There will never be a cancellation fee if you are legitimately ill. The important thing is to stay home, let your body heal and rest.
And AFTER you treatments its important to...
1. Apply sunscreen! SPF 30-50 is a healthy range to incorporate into your daily skincare routine. Especially after exfoliation (peel/or topical cream/serum) it is so important to wear sunscreen and reapply throughout the day to prevent any burns and to also help your skin tone remain even.
2. Use a weekly mask and light exfoliation 2-3 times per week to make the results of your facial last longer. If you would like a recommendation I carry amazing masks, scrubs and light peels to use as home treatments.
3. The recommended time between facials is one month so be sure to make your appointment before you leave or soon after to secure your spot and stay on schedule with your facials.
4. Drink lots of water! Depending on body weight its important to stay hydrated as this will flush out toxins and keep your skin clear and supple. You can calculate the amount of water you should be drinking at this website here: https://www.thecalculator.co/health/Water-Calculator-56.html
Looking forward to working with you!